COVID-19 Important Information
(updated June 12, 2020 - 5:30 p.m.)
COUNTY HOTLINE INFORMATION
Westchester County has set up the following hotlines for access to information:
- County Mental Health hotline: 914-995-1900 (8am – 8pm)
- County Mental Health text line: 914-461-7281
- County Corona Q&A Hotline: 866-588-0195
- County Corona FAQ: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the ongoing public health crisis related to the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Irvington has cancelled all activities and programs in the Recreation Department, Senior Citizens, Town Hall Theater, and Library until further notice. Public meetings will be conducted with limited agendas.
The office is currently closed to the public, but processing of applications and permits is continuing. Calls to 914-591-8335 and emails to email@example.com will be returned as soon as possible. Applications will continue to be processed and will be scheduled with the various land use boards as the schedule allows.
The Planning Board, Zoning Board, and Architectural Review Board meetings are being conducted by video conference. Monitor the Village meeting calendar for future meeting dates and video conference access details.
PUBLIC WORKS AND SANITATION
Services in the Public Works Department have returned to normal.
DPW requests that residents avoid making direct contact with any employees while they are engaged in their work throughout the Village. Should you have any questions, please direct them to Supt. Greg Nilsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-591-6044. Additionally, please avoid disposing of any loose garbage directly in garbage cans. All loose garbage must be placed in garbage bags which can be tied, and then placed in garbage cans.
Due to seasonal restrictions in the Village’s leaf blower law, gas powered leaf blowers are not allowed to be used.
RECREATION AND SENIOR CITIZENS
The Recreation & Parks Department offices located at the I.K. Benjamin Community Center at 71 Main Street will remain open during regular working hours (9am-5pm Monday-Friday). All parks will remain open from 7 a.m. to dusk, except that Matthiessen Park is closed due to planned construction. All bathrooms, playgrounds, tennis courts and basketball courts are closed.
The following programs and facilities are cancelled until further notice. Every effort will be made to reschedule missed programs/classes.
- Senior Citizens programs and transportation
- Senior Citizens Center - 29 Bridge Street is closed to senior citizens
- O’Hara Nature Center is closed. No rentals will be permitted
- Youth Ballet - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Dance - Mondays & Wednesdays
- Explore Cooking - Mondays & Wednesdays
- Kidi-Corner - Wednesdays
- Lil Cooks - Fridays
- Stepping Stones - Mondays & Thursdays
- Music with Marc - Thursdays
- Adult Basketball - Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays
- Adult Volleyball - Thursdays and Sundays
- Youth Baseball Clinics
- Youth Soccer - Sundays
- Open Gym
- Youth Basketball
- Girls Scout Meetings – multiple days and troops
- Umpire Meetings and Training
- iASK Executive Board Meeting
- Irvington Woods Committee - Monthly Meeting
- Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee - Monthly Meeting
- Irvington Garden Club Program
IRVINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
All Library programs are cancelled until further notice. Here is a link to the Library’s updated calendar.
IRVINGTON TOWN HALL THEATER
All scheduled performances and events have been cancelled through the end of the spring season.
IRVINGTON FARMERS MARKET
The Irvington Farmers Market will resume its outdoor summer market on Sunday, June 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Main Street School. Please visit the Irvington Farmers Market Facebook page, or our website, for sign-up details and a full list of safety measures. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter, via our website, to receive weekly market information and notifications.
Food scraps collection is available at the Main Street School.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY BEE-LINE BUS SYSTEM
The Bee-Line bus system is operating on a Saturday schedule six days a week, Monday - Saturday. The Bee-Line will continue to operate Sunday service on Sundays. While the Saturday schedule is being used on weekdays, it is subject to service enhancements or modifications as needed. Visit the Bee-Line service alert page for updates.