Village-Wide Flood Study
In 2009, the Village engaged the services of an engineer, Hahn Engineering, to complete a comprehensive Village-Wide Flood Study. The goal of the study was to identify areas of chronic or potential flooding throughout the Village and recommend measures to correct or control future flooding.
While the Flood Study provides a tremendous amount of information, a review of the Main Section (PDF) and Appendix K (PDF) (Conceptual Designs) will provide answers to the most commonly asked questions such as "Where are the problems areas?" and "What can be done to improve those areas?"
The study was presented to the public by the engineers and Village Staff at a public meeting held on April 25, 2011. A copy of the presentation document (PDF) is available for download.
The full study or each individual chapter of the study is available for download. A hard copy of the study is available for review in the Village Clerk's office in Village Hall, 85 Main Street on business days between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm and in the Irvington Public Library, 12 South Astor Street during regular operating hours.
Download Individual Sections of the Flood Study - March 2011:
- Flood Study - Main Section (PDF)
- Appendix A (PDF) - Stream and Tributary Area Map
- Appendix B (PDF) - Storm Data
- Appendix C (PDF) - Barney Brook and Barney Brook Tributary Hydrologic Calculations
- Appendix D (PDF) - Sunnyside Brook Hydrologic Calculations
- Appendix E (PDF) - Riverview Road Brook Hydrologic Calculations
- Appendix F (PDF) - Main Street Hydrologic Calculations
- Appendix G (PDF) - Tributary Area Summary
- Appendix H (PDF) - Soil Map (DR-3)
- Appendix I (PDF) - FEMA FIS Stream Profiles
- Appendix J (PDF) - Channel Dimensions
- Appendix K (PDF) - Conceptual Design Preliminary and Cost Estimates for Areas of Concern
- Attachments (PDF)
Download the presentation document (PDF) from the April 25, 2011 public meeting.