- Recreation and Parks
- Christmas Holiday Basket Delivery Program
Christmas Holiday Basket Delivery Program
We ask you to consider helping us help others in our community.
The Christmas Holiday Basket Delivery Program is for senior citizens and families in need.
There are two main ways to help:
- We need at least 50 Delivery people.
- We need Donations of Gift cards, Holiday candy or cookies and more.
If you are interested in being part of the Holiday Basket Delivery Program, please contact us. We will be making deliveries on Tuesday December 24th and Christmas morning Thursday December 25th.
When considering volunteering for this please note that each basket can weigh as much as 50 pounds. You will need someone with you capable of carrying the basket.
If you cannot deliver and would like to help we can use donations! Any of the ideas below would be very helpful:
- Gift Cards - Gift cards from, Stop & Shop, Kohl's, Target, Modell's, Sports Authority K-Mart or Wal-Mart would be useful.
- Monetary Donation - checks can be made to the Village of Irvington and delivered or mailed to Rec Office, 71 Main Street.
- Goodies – Boxed candy or cookies, including sugar free! Not Wrapped.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond Discount Coupons – If you have any around we can use them as we shop there to supplement the baskets we make.
The above items can be dropped off at the Recreation Department Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. If those hours don’t work contact Laura and we will make arrangements to get your donation.
To sign up please email or call:
Laura Coapman at (914) 591-7736 or
Joe Archino at (914) 760-8657 or
Laura will coordinate the volunteers.
To be a delivery person you would need to pick your basket up on either December 23rd between 9am 4pm AND/OR December 24th between 9am and 12pm at the Recreation Department Office located at 71 Main Street.
We anticipate needing to make over 70 baskets and Goody bags!!! That would be the most ever!
There are over 100 children in the School District who qualify and need our help. UP to 50 families may be involved.
We will also be delivering more than 20 baskets to Irvington seniors who currently are residing in Health Care facilities in Westchester. These deliveries can be made on the 23rd & 24th.
Thank you for considering this important program.
Happy Holidays to you and your families!