COVID-19 Important Information
(updated March 31, 2020 - 4:30 p.m.)
COUNTY HOTLINE INFORMATION
Westchester County has set up the following hotlines for access to information:
- County Mental Health hotline: 914-995-1900 (8am – 8pm)
- County Mental Health text line: 914-461-7281
- County Corona Q&A Hotline: 866-588-0195
- County Corona FAQ: email@example.com
Due to the ongoing public health crisis related to the COVID-19 virus, the Village of Irvington has cancelled all activities and programs in the Recreation Department, Senior Citizens, Town Hall Theater, and Library until further notice. Public meetings will be conducted with limited agendas.
The Building department will no longer be scheduling inspections or issuing permits. Reduced staffing of the office will continue but services will be limited. Calls to 914-591-8335 and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org will be returned as soon as possible. Applications will continue to be processed and will be scheduled with the various land use boards as the schedule allows.
The next meetings of the Planning Board, Zoning Board, and Architectural Review Board are cancelled. Provisions are being made to conduct these meetings, in the future, through video conferencing. As new dates are set, they will be posted to the Village meeting calendar.
PUBLIC WORKS AND SANITATION
Sanitation and recycling pickup are continuing on a regular schedule. Crew sizes are being adjusted to reduce on-site staffing as much as possible. As a result, there are some changes to services being provided as follows:
- No sidewalk trash receptacles are available. Residents must carry trash to an alternate location for disposal.
- Bulk garbage/recycling pickups will occur, but may be delayed.
- Organic waste (leaf/grass/branches) pickups will occur, but may be delayed. Please ask landscape contractors to haul away if possible.
- No return trips. If a resident fails to put garbage/recycling out by 7am of the collection day and it is missed, the DPW will not return for pickup.
DPW requests that residents avoid making direct contact with any employees while they are engaged in their work throughout the Village. Should you have any questions, please direct them to Supt. Greg Nilsson at email@example.com or 914-591-6044. Additionally, please avoid disposing of any loose garbage directly in garbage cans. All loose garbage must be placed in garbage bags which can be tied, and then placed in garbage cans.
RECREATION AND SENIOR CITIZENS
The Recreation & Parks Department offices located at the I.K. Benjamin Community Center at 71 Main Street will remain open during regular working hours (9am-5pm Monday-Friday). All parks will remain open during normal hours, except that Matthiessen Park is closed due to planned construction. All bathrooms, playgrounds, tennis courts and basketball courts are closed.
The following programs and facilities are cancelled until further notice. Every effort will be made to reschedule missed programs/classes.
- Senior Citizens programs and transportation
- Senior Citizens Center - 29 Bridge Street is closed to senior citizens
- O’Hara Nature Center is closed. No rentals will be permitted
- Youth Ballet - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Dance - Mondays & Wednesdays
- Explore Cooking - Mondays & Wednesdays
- Kidi-Corner - Wednesdays
- Lil Cooks - Fridays
- Stepping Stones - Mondays & Thursdays
- Music with Marc - Thursdays
- Adult Basketball - Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays
- Adult Volleyball - Thursdays and Sundays
- Youth Baseball Clinics
- Youth Soccer - Sundays
- Open Gym
- Youth Basketball
- Girls Scout Meetings – multiple days and troops
- Umpire Meetings and Training
- iASK Executive Board Meeting
- Irvington Woods Committee - Monthly Meeting
- Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee - Monthly Meeting
- Irvington Garden Club Program
IRVINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
All Library programs are cancelled until further notice. Here is a link to the Library’s updated calendar.
Adult and Young Adult Programs:
- Ides of March - Pizza Party!!!. 3/12/2020 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Drum Circle. 3/12/2020 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Yoga with Nicole. 3/18/2020 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday Evening Book Club. 3/19/2020 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Memoir Writing with Catherine Wald. 3/20/2020 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Fiorello La Guardia, Mayor of New York City a lecture by Toni McKeen. 3/21/2020 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Alcohol Ink Decorative Eggs. 3/26/2020 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM (7:50 PM)
- Dungeons & Dragons Group. 3/28/2020 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Mondays (Cuddle-ups): 3-16, 3-23 & 3-30
- Wednesdays (Tales for Twos): 3-18 & 3-25
- Thursdays (Oh Baby & Book Bunch): 3-19 & 3-26
- Fridays (Open Stories): 3-20 & 3-27
- Bi-Lingual Storytime 3-17 & 3-31, Tuesdays
- Music & Movement: 3-24, Tuesday
- Stories & Crafts for 4-8 yr olds: 3-24, Tuesday
- Crafternoon: 3-16, Monday
- Book clubs: 4th & 5th Grade Tuesday 2-24 & 2nd 3rd Grade Monday 3-30
IRVINGTON TOWN HALL THEATER
All scheduled performances and events have been cancelled through April 2020.
IRVINGTON FARMERS MARKET
Following the indefinite loss of our regular venue due to the school closures, the village has regretfully cancelled our remaining five winter markets. In the absence of our market, the Hastings Farmers Market has decided to host most of your favorite vendors on the Saturdays they would normally have been in Irvington (March 28, April 11, April 25, May 9 and May 23). Luckily, Hastings has a suitable, outdoor space where they have thoughtfully put in stringent health and safety measures. In order to control crowds and ensure the safety of shoppers and vendors, the Hastings Farmers Market will operate a time slot, sign-up system for shoppers. Also, many vendors will offer a pre-order system. Please visit the Irvington Farmers Market Facebook page, or our website, for sign-up details and a full list of safety measures. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter, via our website, to receive weekly market information and notifications.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY BEE-LINE BUS SYSTEM
Starting Wednesday, April 1, the Bee-Line bus system will operate on a Saturday schedule six days a week, Monday - Saturday. The Bee-Line will continue to operate Sunday service on Sundays. While the Saturday schedule is being used on weekdays, it is subject to service enhancements or modifications as needed. Visit the Bee-Line service alert page for updates.