Firehouse Expansion and Municipal Facility Project
On July 17, 2023, the Village Board of Irvington approved a resolution addressing critical needs regarding the firehouse and municipal facilities. The resolution proposes the issuance of $18.2 million of bonds to fund necessary improvements of the Village's firehouse, municipal offices, Justice Court and Town Hall Theater. The referendum, scheduled for November 7, 2023, will determine the issuance of bonds for these essential projects.
As the Board of Trustees looks to the future of the Village, it is imperative to prioritize the safety and functionality of our infrastructure. The current state of the firehouse no longer meets the requirements necessary to ensure the well-being of our volunteer firefighters and their ability to respond effectively to emergencies. The proposed bonds will provide funding to meet these needs.
Concurrently, the plan includes the consolidation of our municipal offices in a new facility. By consolidating the Village’s administrative offices, Recreation offices, and Justice Court, ADA accessibility and important safety factors will be addressed.
This move will facilitate an enhanced, grand entrance from Main Street for our existing Town Hall Theater. Improvements will include a new lobby space and restrooms with handicapped accessibility. These upgrades aim to enhance the civic experience and improve the quality of services provided to our residents.
Active participation and informed decision-making from residents are vital in shaping the future of our community. The Village seeks approval to issue bonds up to a total of $18.2 million to fund these projects. The referendum, scheduled for November 7, 2023, provides an opportunity for every resident to voice their support or concerns regarding this financial endeavor.
- Official Communication Channels: Regularly check the official Village website, social media, local newspapers, and community bulletin boards for updates and detailed information regarding the referendum.
- Spreading the Word: Share this notice with neighbors, friends, and fellow community members, encouraging them to stay informed about the upcoming referendum and its implications.
- Attend Community Engagement Sessions: Participate in community meetings and forums where residents can express their opinions, seek clarification, and ask questions about the proposed projects. Community input is highly valued in the decision-making process. Sessions will be scheduled in the fall, leading up to the November referendum.
- Engage with Village Officials: Reach out to the Village Board members and other officials to discuss any concerns, seek further details, or provide suggestions.
The Village of Irvington is committed to building a community that meets the evolving needs of its residents. Active involvement in this referendum process will help ensure informed decisions that reflect the desires and priorities of the community.
As the referendum date approaches, the Village will provide further information, fostering transparency and open communication throughout the process.
- Conceptual Renderings
- Floor Plans and Facade
- Overall Budget with Detail
- Architectural Presentation June 14, 2023 (video - starts at 25:20 mark)
- Financial Presentation June 22, 2023 (video - starts at 1:49:30 mark)