In March 2018, the Village Board published a draft of the 2018 Update to the Comprehensive Plan. After receiving comments in person and in writing through April 11, 2018, the Comprehensive Plan Committee (CPC) made five significant changes to the Comprehensive Plan Update in response to comments on the document:
1. In Goal/Action Item A1, it did not rule out all medical facilities as permitted uses in the rezoning of the properties on the east side of Broadway, north of Strawberry Lane. Rather, it recommended that medical offices or facilities should be allowed by special permit, but only for medical uses that would not negatively impact area traffic.
2. In Goal/Action Item A2, in response to a comment of the Westchester County Planning Board, it recommended that sidewalks be required in commercial and multifamily developments on the large properties on the east side of Broadway.
3. In Goal/Action Item B2, it recommended that a limit be set on the number of rentals days and/or number of potential guests in short term rentals, such as Airbnb and VRBO.
4. It eliminated the reference to the North Ferris Street lot from Goal/Action Item F2.
5. It eliminated Goal/Action Item G1, which was to permit special events in historically and architecturally significant residences.
The full Comprehensive Plan Update and the Final Generic Environmental Impact Statement (both revised as of May 2018) are available on the Village web site.