Effective September 15 through December 15, the Village’s leaf blower law permits the use of gas-powered leaf blowers subject to the following restrictions:
- Permitted Times:
- Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday, federal holidays – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- No more than a total of two handheld or backpack leaf blowers at a time, unless property is greater than one-half acre. If greater than one-half acre, no quantity limit.
- No walk-behind leaf blowers are permitted, unless property is greater than one-half acre.
- All blowers must meet EPA exhaust standards and be operated and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Handheld or backpack leaf blowers must operate at a noise level of 70 dBA or less.
- Can be used when responding to an emergency or removing snow.
- Can be used by golf and tennis clubs and municipal employees performing their regular duties, but not within 100 feet of the nearest residence.
- Electric or battery-operated leaf blowers permitted with no limitations.
Anyone observing violations should contact the Irvington Police Department at their non-emergency phone number 591-8080.